TO BE CONTINUED 1 Wood as a Slovak strategic raw material, arguments in favor of wood.
- wood is a strategic domestic renewable raw material
- good recovery of raw materials is a measure of the efficiency of economies
- better use of wood contributes to the natural balance
Wood as a Slovak strategic raw material
- 1m3 binds about 250 kg of CO2 during the growth period
- in the Slovak Republic, the year-on-year increase is about......... 12 mil per m3
- year-on-year consumption ............... 9 - 10 mil per m3
- every year the reserves increase by about ............. by 1 - 3 mil per m3
Arguments in favor of wood
In the context of Central Europe, wood is a historical building material.
It is a strategic renewable raw material.
It has no equivalent in terms of complex of the attribute
- thermal engineering
- environmental impact
Increasing the correct use of wood has positive effects on the environment
- Reducing energy intensity
- Reducing the burden of CO2 emissions
Favorable economic impacts in the context of the Slovak Republic and the EU
- Added value
- Labour market
- An alternative to the temporary automotive industry
prof. Ing. Jozef Štefko, PhD., Technical University of Zvolen, Faculty of Wood Science
JMP HOUSES s.r.o. & Design by Yarmila